Vegan Feijoa and Banana Muffins!
It’s Feijoa season and what’s better than eating them fresh? Eating them in muffins!
1.5 cups Sugar
3 cups Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1.5 cups Feijoa (around 15-20 small feijoa)
1.5 cups Banana
1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
1 cup Nuttelex* (or other vegan butter/vegetable oil)
- Preheat the oven to around 180 degrees celsius, fan bake.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients apart from the sugar into a bowl (flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon). Then fold in the sugar.
- Spoon the feijoa into a bowl and mash with a fork, then add this mixture to the cup for the measurement. Do the same with the banana.
- In another bowl, add all the wet ingredients together and mix together with a fork.* If you are using margarine or butter, you will need to either heat it on a stove top or put it into a microwave to soften it, just before melting point. If you are using oil, go straight ahead and add this to the wet mixture.
- Once the wet mixture is done you can add this to the dry mix.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes or until golden brown on top, for added effect you could cut up banana as per photo and place this on before they get baked. You can also add around 1 tsp of brown sugar to the top of the muffin to create a nice crunch!