Introducing a delicious and healthy twist to your classic chicken dinner: the Caribbean Coconut Chicken Bowl. This dish features flavourful, tender, and juicy Harmless Chicken made from 100% plant-based ingredients, paired with a creamy and aromatic coconut sauce and served over a bed of fluffy brown rice. A side of coleslaw salad adds a crunchy texture and freshness to the dish, making it a perfect meal for any day of the week.
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Thyme (dried)
- 1 Tbsp Allspice
- 1 tsp Salt + Pepper + Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder (or sub in crushed garlic when cooking)
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Carrot (grated)
- 3 Tbsp of the Caribbean Seasoning
- 200ml Coconut Milk
Recommended to serve with:
- 1 cup Brown Rice (+ 2 cup water)
- Coleslaw Salad
Caribbean Coconut Chicken Bowl Sauce Recipe:
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add grated carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in the Caribbean Seasoning and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and let the sauce simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
To prepare the chicken (*best from frozen):
- Break the chicken into small pieces and season with the BBQ sauce.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the chicken pieces on it.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Serve chicken over brown rice and topped with the sauce.
- Serve with a side of coleslaw salad. Enjoy!