Oil Free, Healthy, Vegan, Plant Based, Delicious Goodness!
These are the perfect treat as they are made with sweet potato, so they don't crumble like traditional cupcakes - making feeding time a lot less messy!
- 2 1/2 cups Sweet Potato (cooked and mashed, approx. 2* medium sweet potato)
- 3/4 cup Soy Milk (can use other plant milk)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Raw Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Optional (add peanut butter or chopped nuts for garnish* making sure to remove nuts before serving to small children.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and add cupcake liners to cupcake tin* or use silicone muffin tray with no liner.
- Blend the sweet potato puree, plant milk and vanilla extract in a blender until smooth.
- In another bowl, sieve the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, then add remaining dry ingredients and stir.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry, making sure not to over mix (once flour mix disappears stop mixing.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Will make 24 cupcakes / 12 muffins.