Gluten-free, Vegan, Dairy-free, Healthy, Kid Friendly, refined Sugar Free.
This raw vegan caramel slice is the perfect sweet treat for those following a plant-based, gluten-free, and dairy-free diet. Made with a combination of almond and coconut flour, this no-bake recipe is easy to make and kid-friendly. The ingredients include cocoa powder, coconut oil, maple syrup, dates, vanilla extract, and peanut butter, which all come together to create a delicious, raw vegan dessert that is sure to please. It's a perfect sweet treat which is not only healthy but also delicious and easy to make.
1 cup Almond Flour
½ cup Coconut Flour
¼ cup coconut cream
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
3 cups Dates
1/2 cup Nut Butter
1/3 cup Coconut Cream
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Start by preparing the base. In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut cream, and maple syrup. Mix until well combined and the mixture starts to stick together.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a lined 8x8 inch square baking pan.
- Next, prepare the caramel layer. In a food processor, combine the dates, nut butter, coconut cream, vanilla essence, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the caramel mixture on top of the base, making sure to spread it evenly.
- To make the chocolate topping, melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder, vanilla essence, and maple syrup.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the caramel layer, spreading it out evenly.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until firm. Once firm, remove from the pan, and cut into squares.
- Enjoy your homemade raw vegan caramel slice! Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Note: You can use any nut butter of your choice, the recipe is adaptable to your taste preferences.