Healthy, Oil-Free, Dairy-Free, Plant-Based Breakfast Oatmeal Bars. Made with wholesome oats, apple sauce or mashed banana, and sweetened naturally with coconut sugar, these bars are a nutritious and delicious breakfast option. Packed with fibre and essential nutrients, they are perfect for a healthy start to your day. Garnished with chocolate chips and fresh raspberries, these bars offer a delightful balance of flavours. Baked to perfection, they are suitable for various dietary preferences and provide a guilt-free, grab-and-go breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- ½ cup Apple Sauce OR 1 medium banana
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Flaxseed
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ cup Milk
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Chocolate Chips + Raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, oat flour, coconut sugar, flaxseed, and baking powder. Mix well to ensure all the dry ingredients are evenly distributed.
- If using apple sauce, add it to the dry mixture. If using a medium banana, mash it in a separate bowl until smooth and then add it to the dry mixture. Mix until the wet ingredient is well incorporated into the dry mixture.
- Pour in the milk and add the vanilla extract. Stir until the mixture forms a thick batter-like consistency.
- Grease a baking dish or line it with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Transfer the batter to the baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the batter, and add raspberries as desired for garnish.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 23 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the dish from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Cut into squares or desired shapes and serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Note: Baking times may vary, so keep an eye on the dish towards the end to ensure it doesn't overcook.