A luscious, slow-roasted English stew with spoonfuls of creamy sweet potato mash and a crispy, sprinkled paprika crumb and Angel Food dairy-free cheddar. The stews rich flavour comes from using Peter Yealand's Family wine in a "red wine reduction" using coconut sugar simmering alongside mushrooms, onions, garlic and walnuts. This evaporates the alcohol in the red wine and leaves the stew with a distinctively rich flavour. Like all our meals, this dish is ready to eat straight from frozen. Feel free to add fresh leaves, have it with a salad.
How many people can our trays feed?
- Regular size trays are suited for one person.
- Large size trays are suited for one person if you like a bit more to eat or two people accompanied with a small side dish.
Shepherd's Pie Ingredients
Kumara, Lentils, Mushroom, Celery, Onion, Carrot, Olivani, SOY Milk, Campbell's Real Stock[Vegetable Stock(97%)(Water, Carrot, Garlic, Celery, Cabbage, Onion, Parsley, Beetroot, Bay Leaves, Lettuce, Thyme, Watercress, Baby Spinach), Sugar, Sea Salt, Glucose.], Walnuts, Peter Yealand's Pinot Nior, Cornflour, Garlic, Sage, Thyme, Angel Food Parmesan [Coconut flour, sunflower oil, salt, yeast extract, natural flavour (dairy-free and vegan), citric acid, white pepper, antioxidant (natural herb extract).], Gluten Free Breadcrumbs, Salt, Pepper.
For allergens, please see ingredients in bold. Our kitchen uses equipment that handles tree nuts, peanuts, gluten, sulphites, sesame seeds, soy and other allergens, get in touch if you'd like to know more.
In italics you can find what makes the key parts of the dish and in brackets [ ] you’ll see what’s in any condiments or cooking ingredients we use.
Heating In the Oven
Regular size: 30-35 mins / Large size: 40-45 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C fan force, for 10 minutes.
- Remove tray from sleeve/heat-proof film.
- Place tray on baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 30-35 or 40-45 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 1 minute before serving. Make sure the meal is piping hot throughout.
Heating in the Microwave
Regular size: 6-9 minutes / Large size: 13-15 minutes.
- Remove sleeve, pierce film, place in the middle of your microwave and press start.
- Heat for 6-9 or 13-15 minutes.
- Check your dish is piping hot all the way through.
- Leave to stand for 1 minute before fully removing film, stirring and serving.
ALL APPLIANCES ARE DIFFERENT SO PLEASE USE THESE AS GUIDELINES ONLY. ONCE COOKED, ENSURE FOOD IS PIPING HOT ALL THE WAY THROUGH. ALL APPLIANCES VARY, SO PLEASE TREAT THESE AS GUIDELINES.