Berkanos Meal of the Month is our lovely twist on a childhood favourite - Classic Sunfed Chicken Soup.
We have taken a traditional chicken soup recipe that has been in our family for generations and veganized it! this will leave your tastebuds tingling. Made with Sunfed Chicken-free Chicken, house-made vegan creamed corn, leek, cabbage and a hint of curry powder with an organic vegan "chicken" broth.
How many people can our trays feed?
- Regular size trays are suited for one person.
- Large size trays are suited for one person if you like a bit more to eat or two people accompanied with a small side dish.
Sunfed Chicken Soup Ingredients
Broth (Organic Vegetable Stock [Filtered Water, Maltodextrin, Salt, Sugar, Vegetable Powders, Rice Flour, Yeast Extract, Black Pepper, Sunflower Oil], Cream Corn (Corn, SOY Milk, Olivani [(Vegetable Oils (Olive Oil (21%)), Water, Salt, Emulsifiers (Soybean Lecithin, 471), Preservative (202), Flavour, Food Acid (Lactic), Colour (Beta Carotene)], Sugar, Corn Starch, Salt), Sunfed Chicken-Free Chicken [(Water, Pea Protein, Rice Bran Oil, Pea Fibre, NZ Pumpkin, Natural Yeast Extract, NZ Maize Starch)], Cabbage, Leek, Curry Powder, Ginger, Cloves, Garlic.
For allergens, please see ingredients in bold. Our kitchen uses equipment that handles tree nuts, peanuts, gluten, sulphites, sesame seeds, soy and other allergens, get in touch if you'd like to know more.
In italics you can find what makes the key parts of the dish and in brackets [ ] you’ll see what’s in any condiments or cooking ingredients we use.
Sunfed Chicken Free Soup
Heating In the Oven
Regular size: 30-35 mins / Large size: 40-45 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C fan force, for 10 minutes.
- Remove tray from sleeve/heat-proof film.
- Place tray on baking tray in the centre of the oven and cook for 30-35 or 40-45 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 1 minute before serving. Make sure the meal is piping hot throughout.
Heating in the Microwave
Regular size: 6-9 minutes / Large size: 13-15 minutes.
- Remove sleeve, pierce film, place in the middle of your microwave and press start.
- Heat for 6-9 or 13-15 minutes.
- Check your dish is piping hot all the way through.
- Leave to stand for 1 minute before fully removing film, stirring and serving.
ALL APPLIANCES ARE DIFFERENT SO PLEASE USE THESE AS GUIDELINES ONLY. ONCE COOKED, ENSURE FOOD IS PIPING HOT ALL THE WAY THROUGH. ALL APPLIANCES VARY, SO PLEASE TREAT THESE AS GUIDELINES.